Develop new skills for the new year
Develop new skills for the new year. New skills can help you move up the career ladder. Be ready to assume more responsibility. Prepare with new skills. Remember, both hard skills (what you know and do) as well as soft skills (communication and leadership) are needed on the job. Keep it simple! Take a class. Read a book. Sign up for a seminar. Find ways to expand and develop your skills.
Ask yourself what skills others have that you would like to have. Get a fried to help you practice a new skill. Ask colleague to share how he or she learned something. Explore the library with an eye to improving your skills. There are many ways to improve your skill set. Get creative!
Consider the business knowledge you need to succeed at work. Do you know what it takes to run a profitable business? Can you manage employees? Do you understand accounting and financial management? Evaluate your knowledge gaps. Take action to close the gaps and gain new knowledge.
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Learn to buy and sell on eBay
- Mastery of Business Fundamentals
- Employment law fundamentals
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Manufacturing Fundamentals
- Start and operate your own home based business
- Real Estate Investing
- HIPAA Compliance
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- The Analysis and Valuation of Stocks
- Introduction to Stock Options
- Six Sigma: Toal Quality Applications
- High Speed Project Mangement
What technical skills are needed in your business? Are you up to date on software your company uses? Can you search the internet? Do you know how to learn to use new technology? Where are your technology gaps? What can you do to fill in the gaps?
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Intermediate QuickBooks 2016
- Introduction to Adobe acrobat X
- Intermediate Dreamweaver CS6
- Creating Web Pages
- Advanced Web Pages
- Introduction to CorelDRAW X5
- How to get started in Game Development
- Introduction to Photoshop CC
- Achieving Top Search Engine Positions
- Introduction to Programming
Communication and Leadership
What communication skills do you need? How can you better communicate at work? What can you learn to improve your communication? Which communication skills do leaders need? What communication skills are needed in your workplace? Do you have the skills it takes? What do you need to brush up on?
- Keys to Effective communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Understanding the human resource function
- Mastering Public Speaking
- Writing Essentials
- Effective Business Writing
- Advanced Fiction Writing
- Conversational Japanese
- Discover Sign Language
- Speed Spanish
- Building teams that work
- Achieving success with difficult people
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management
As you contemplate the skills you need, you will find that success follows. Evaluate your skill and knowledge gaps. Take action to fill in the gaps. Keep learning. Prepare yourself to be in demand now and in the future.
Take time to develop new skills for the new year. Soon your capacity will increase. Your job opportunities will expand. You will be the one most likely to be hired. It will help you prepare to move up the company ladder. Don’t wait! Invest in yourself by developing new skills for the new year. Each new year brings new opportunities. Prepare yourself to take advantage of those opportunities in order to find success.