Learn from your Experience and
Conduct a Weekly Career Self-Assessment
Learn from your experience and conduct a weekly self-assessment. Ask yourself a few questions so that you are always learning from your experiences. Over a lifetime, this can lead to real skill development.
Career Self-Assessment Questions
- What can I learn from what happened this week?
- How can I apply what I learned going forward?
- What went well this week?
- What can I do to ensure more goes well in the future?
- What is the most difficult thing I did this week?
- Why was it difficult?
- How could I do to make it easier in the future?
- Which skills could I improve to make this easier in the future?
- What problems arose this week?
- How could I prevent those problems in the future?
- What did I do to effectively resolve the problems?
- How can I be more effective at resolving similar problems in the future?
- What do I anticipate during the coming week?
- How can I prepare so the next week will go smoothly?
- What can I do to prevent problems from arising?
- Which resources can I use to ensure a successful week?
Career Self-Assessment Resources
There are many good resources that can be used to help you conduct a career self-assessment. Here are a few that you may find useful.
- Career Assessment
- Career Assessment Tools and Tests: Assessments for Students, Job-Seekers, Career Changers
- 10 awesome free career self-assessment tools on the Internet
- Various Self-Assessments for personal and professional development
- Sample of a Self Assessment: Strategies for Writing your own
- What is a Self-Assessment?
- The MAPP Career Assessment
Making the Change
Once you have taken the time to evaluate your week, identify one thing that you will change going forward. Learn from your experience and then add to your capabilities and strategies to resolve things in the future. This can be a real win/win for you and your business. This is where the weekly career self-assessment really pays off. Be sure to learn from your experience and conduct a weekly self-assessment.