Is your job right for you?
As part of a career tune-up ask yourself: Is your job right for you? Here are some questions to ask to evaluate if you are in a job that is a good match for your skills.
- Do you love going to work?
- Do you look up to and admire the leaders of your company?
- Do your values match the values of the organization you work for?
- Does your job provide opportunities for growth and development on the job?
- Are you proud to work for the company?
- Do you feel valued and appreciated for what you do?
- Does your job require you to use the skills you do best?
- Does your job challenge and encourage you to expand your skill set?
- Does your job provide a good work/life balance?
- Do you enjoy the people you work with?
- Is the company you work for financially strong and stable?
- Are you treated with respect and consideration on the job?
If your answer to these questions is a resounding yes, then you have found a good match between your skills, the needs of the job in a stable company. On the other hand, if you have identified more than a few no’s, you may want to consider looking for a position that is a better match.
You may want to read more about finding a good job match. Read about 3 signs you should definitely quit your job, 14 signs it’s time to leave your job, 5 signs you’re in the wrong job, 10 more reasons you need to quit your job right now!, and Know when to quit your job by watching for these signals.
An important part of a career tune-up is to know: is your job is right for you? If it is, then stay and enjoy it! If not, consider ways to find a better match between your job and your skills and interests.