Assess Job Opportunities
It is always a good idea to take the time to assess job opportunities. Look at the marketplace and consider ways you can be the one to match your skills to the current and future job opportunities. You can be the one in high demand as you prepare yourself with the skills you need to succeed.
Job Opportunity Resources
Part of assessment is to identify the job opportunities in your geographic area, in your field, and in your areas of interest. Here are some links to information on finding a good job opportunity.
- How to Assess Job Opportunities: A Leader’s Perspective
- Evaluating Career Opportunities: It’s Not Just About the Numbers
- How to Find Job Opportunities
- Find a Government Job
- The 10 Best Websites to Find Jobs
- 4 Ways to Find Job Opportunities on LinkedIn
- The 20 best cities for finding a job in 2016
Job Opportunity Questions
As you look to the job market, consider what it is doing now and where it is headed in the future. This can help you ensure that you are prepared for the jobs of the future as well. As yourself a few questions:
- What is the job market like locally?
- What is the job market like in my state or region?
- Would a move help my job opportunities?
- What job opportunities am I interested in?
- How do my job interests align with the market opportunities?
- What could I do to increase my preparation for a job?
- How could I better align my skills with market opportunities?
- What can I do to keep my skills up for future job opportunities?
- What opportunities can I expect in the future?
Make yourself a good match for job opportunities
Make yourself a good match for job opportunities. Assess job opportunities and consider how you can fit in. Take action to prepare for the good jobs now and in the future. Make yourself the one who is in demand because of your talents, abilities, and skills. Look for ways to be the one companies want to hire.
Now that you have the strategies, you just need to do it!