Self-Assessment: Get to know yourself
Conduct a self-assessment: get to know yourself.
Personal Interests/Values Questions
- What do I like to do?
- What are my hobbies?
- Am I a self-starter or do I like direction?
- What would I do if I could do anything?
- What is my preferred lifestyle?
- Do I like my work to engage me all the time or do I like time for family and friends?
- How much money do I need or want?
- Where do I want to live?
- Do I want to live in a big city or more rural area?
- Do I want to make a difference in the world? If so, how?
- Do I care about fame and prestige?
- What issues do I care about?
- What do I value?
- What am I good at?
- What do others tell me I do well at?
- What hard skills do I have?
- What soft (people) skills do I have?
- What skills would I like to develop?
- What skills would it be useful for me to develop?
- What can I do to develop the new skills I desire?
Work Environment Questions
- Do I like working alone or with other people?
- Do I like working outside or inside?
- Do I like competition or a more relaxed environment?
- What work hours do I like? Do I like to get an early start or work late in the day?
- Do you being affiliated with a big business or a small shop?
- What part of the work environment did I like in prior work experiences?
- What part of the work environment did I dislike in prior work experiences?
Once you’ve conducted a self-assessment – do what it takes to match your skills to the work environment you enjoy. As you do this you will bring about the career success that you desire!