Four Ways to complete
a Mid-Career Tune-up
Take four steps to complete a mid-career tune-up. First, be up to date with technology. Second, polish your skills. Third, learn something new. Last, make it fun.
First, be up to date with technology.
Technology is everywhere! You find it on the computer, on your phone, or even your watch or glasses. Be sure to be up to date with technology to stay current with your career capabilities. Here are a few basics you should know as well as a few more advanced things if you want to take it a step further.
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Introduction to Adobe Acrobat x
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Introduction to QuickBooks 2015
- Introduction to Windows 7
- Introduction to Windows 8
- Introduction to PHP and MySQL
- Creating Web Pages
- Write Effective Web Content
- Introduction to Creating WordPress Websites
- Designing Effective Websites
- Understanding the Cloud
- How to Get Started in Game Development
- Creating Mobile Apps with HTML5
- Introduction to CSS3 and HTML5
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Google Analytics
- Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners
- Using Social Media in Business
Second, polish your skills.
It is always a good time to upgrade your skills. Good knowledge and skills can increase your value in the workplace. A little tune-up on your skills may help you earn more money at work. Here are a few common skills to consider polishing.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Personal Finance
- Keys to Successful Money Management
- Mastering Public Speaking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Effective Business Writing
- Certificate in Stress Management
Third, learn something new.
It is always a good time to learn something new! The very process of learning a new thing will open brain pathways that can lead to better problem solving, make you better at learning new things on the job, and give you more knowledge that you can use at work! Branch out – try sometime new – you may surprise yourself at how well you do!
- Speed Spanish
- Mastery of Business Fundamentals
- Business Finance for Non-Finance Personnel
- Real Estate Investing
- Stocks, Bonds, and Investing: Oh, My!
- Introduction to Stock Options
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Instant Italian
- Handling Medical Emergencies
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Discover Sign Language
- Write Fiction Like a Pro
- Publish and Sell your E-Books
- Understanding the Human Resource Function
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- HIPAA Compliance
- Total Quality Fundamentals
- Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Start your own Gift Basket Business
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Learn to buy and sell on eBay
- Marketing your Business on the Internet
- Start your Own Arts and Crafts Business
- Start your own small Business
- Starting a Consulting Practice
Fourth, make it fun.
Make it fun. If you do something fun – your hobby will carry over into your work! You may be able to turn a hobby into a career, leave your day job to start a small business, of find a new passion and zeal for something!
- Discover Digital Photography
- Travel Photography for the Digital Photographer
- Travel Writing
- Mastering your Digital SLR Camera
- Introduction to Photoshop CS6
- Introduction to Adobe Edge Animate
- Introduction to Digital Scrapbooking
- Start your own edible Garden
- How to make money from your writing
Dive in take action now! Complete a mid-career tune-up your career! No matter your age or position, you can expand your capabilities and prepare to take your job to a new level. First, be up to date with technology. Second, polish your skills. Third, learn something new. Finally, make it fun.