Tune up the Basics
Tune up the basics and you will strengthen your career. What are the basics you need to know in the workplace these days? You need to know business fundamentals, how to use technology, and communication and problem solving skills. Make sure you keep the basics tuned up!
Sometimes the basics change right under your nose and your find yourself a little out of date. Take the time to be sure your skills get the needed tune-up to stay competitive in the workplace. A little time spent reviewing the basics or taking the class can freshen up your career skills to be sure you continue to stay up to date.
Every business will have its own fundamentals that you need to know to stay up to date. Here are a few basics you need to know to get ahead in business.
- Mastery of Business Fundamentals
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- Keys to Successful Money Management
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Total Quality Fundamentals
- Marketing your business on the Internet
- Effective Selling
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Understanding the Human Resources Function
Technology changes and changes rapidly. Have you kept up with the lasted trends in technology. Make sure you continue to be the one “in the know” on how to use technology and in doing so you add value to yourself and your career capabilities. After all, employers hire for value.
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Introduction to Adobe Acrobat X
- Creating Web Pages
- Designing Effective Websites
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Access 2013
- Introduction to QuickBooks 2015
- Performing Payroll on QuickBooks 2014
- Introduction to Photoshop CC
- Understanding the Cloud
- Wireless Networking
- Using Social Media in Business
Communication and Problem Solving
Everyone in the workplace needs to be able to communicate, problem solve, and work in teams. Are your skills in these areas up to date? Consider ways you can tune-up these skills to be a role model for others in how to communicate.
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Effective Business Writing
- Writing Essentials
- Skills to Making Great Decisions
- Speed Spanish
- Building Teams that Work
- Interpersonal Communication
- Mastering Public Speaking
- Achieving Success with Difficult People
Make sure you continue to tune up the basics. Your career tune-up will ensure that you are the one who has the knowledge and skills to advance on the job. You need to know business fundamentals, how to use technology, and communication and problem solving skills. Make sure you keep the career basics tuned up!