What you need to know to start a small business
You may have the entrepreneurial spirit and want to start a small business. As you do so, consider what you need to know to start your business. Here are some training courses that can help the small business owner.
Business Training Resource
Here are some business training resources.
- Start your own small business
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Starting a Consulting Practice
- Marketing your business on the Internet
- Effective Selling
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
- Building teams that work
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- Understanding the Human resource function
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Real Estate Investing
- Creating Web pages
- Designing Effective Websites
- Effective Business Writing
- Publish and Sell your E-Books
- Skills for Making Great Decisions
- Total Quality Fundamentals
- High Speed Project Management
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Start and Operate your own home-based business
- Learn to Buy and Sell on eBay
Here are some web resources for the small business owner.
- SBA (Small Business Administration)
- Small Business
- The IRS – Starting a Business
- The Top 100 low-cost franchises
- Legal Guide for Starting and Running a Small Business
Here are some books you may want to read to help your business.
- The Small Business Bible: Everything you need to know to succeed in your small business
- Small Time Operator: How to Start your own business, keep your own books, pay your taxes, and stay out of trouble
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers, and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way you make a living, do what you love, and create a new future.
- Financial Statements: A Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports
- Accounting Made Simple: Accounting Explained in 100 pages or less
- The Secrets to Writing a Successful Business Plan: A Pro Shares a Step-By Step Guide to Creating a Plan that Gets Results
- Small Business Marketing: A Guide for Survival Growth and Success
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… And other don’t
- The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business
Take the time to gather the information on what you need to know to start a small business. A strong foundation will help you move forward to success as a small business owner.